Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why dogs do not throw.

I learned recently that the act of throwing develops human mental acuity.

That explains so much. I often see humans performing that strange action with their arms. Dear Kathleen (the woman who helps me) occasionally spends her day off attending sporting events that involve throwing. And I recall when I was a pup, dear Kathleen had a habit of throwing my toys across the backyard for no apparent reason. I would retrieve the items, assuming (foolishly) that she would put them back in the house where they belong. Instead, she would invariably respond with literal squeals of delight, only to throw the toys again. Honestly! It’s moments like these that I wonder what I am paying her for.

Thanks to the brilliance of the high level thinkers at ted.com, I now understand that Kathleen was developing her mental acuity. And apparently it worked, because she eventually stopped throwing my toys. Well, that and I stopped chasing them.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Of course, you could not have written a post on "Why Dogs Do Not Throw Up" because, indeed, they do.