Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hizzle Fo Shizzle.


Occasionally, fans will write in and inquire about the correct pronunciation of my name. To clarify this issue, please let me give you a bit of background.


As with so many things in life, it all goes back to the Spice Girls of the 1990’s. A little-known fact about one of their members, Posh Spice, is that she was originally named “Pasia” (after me) and later the “Spice” was added purely as a gimmick. Merchandisers of popular music will do this. Anyway, during all those hard miles of touring, the girls shortened Pasia’s name to “Posh”, and there it stayed.


I’m not hurt that her name was changed. Not at all. I’m glad the young lady developed a sense of identity, and hence, a name of her own.


To help you remember how to pronounce my name, I will assume the persona of my Rap Artist Alter-Ego, Fluff Doggy S.N.I.F., and I will perform a little number for you. I wish you could hear me perform it, because I’m fabulous. That can’t happen though, so reading the lyrics will have to suffice.


Please be assured that dear Kathleen (the woman who helps me) is dressed accordingly, glowering behind dark glasses, and spitting percussively into a microphone.

Yo’ my name is Basia.
And no, I wouldn’t josh ya.
And I’m a clevah glam girl
Just like my Spicy Posh-ah.
Cause on Da Man’s hogwash-ah
I’m puttin’ dat kibosh’ah,
And if his language ain’t polite
I’ll get out my mouthwash-ah.

Yo.

No comments: