Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Most Professional 27 Seconds on Television







I usually try to humor Kathleen when she rambles on about Hollywood gossip while she paints my nails.

Bless her heart.

This week it was all about Miley Someone and who she is more popular than, and blah blah yawn. Dear, simple Kathleen, of course, doesn't put it together that these orchestrated "rivalries" are just attempts to garner publicity.

Back in my day, we starlets pretended not to notice the competition. If some boorish interviewer insisted on bringing it up, we casually denied it all. Think of it as an unspoken agreement between Lauren, Katherine , Bette, myself, Joan, et al. And we adhered to it, not out of fear, but out of professionalism.

Please let me share with you what I call "The Most Professional 27 Seconds on Television," featuring my old friend and current Spirit Guide, Bette Davis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Y9B9PJnW8&NR=1

I regret that I don't know how to make the clip appear in this post, but I believe you can follow the link. And I also believe you can follow the logic--the true Professional, when asked directly, denies petty rivalries with a flick of her ashes.

Ever~~
Basia
P.S. Regardless of my hectic schedule, I try to answer all my fan mail personally. You can reach me through the "comments" section on this blog site.





No comments: