Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Repentant Bow-Wow


Today I came across a quote from Carl Sandburg which stopped me dead in my literary tracks.


“Books are but empty nothings compared with living, pulsing men and women. Life is stranger and greater than anything ever written about it.”

He’s right, and I am guilty. As my regular readers know, I read and write with a compulsion that I have never quite understood. And that compulsion has often kept me from turning to life and giving it the thorough sniff it truly deserves.


I’m feeling that feeling of wanting to change. When you think of me, gentle reader, please pray for this K9’s life in letters. My intention is to steward it well.


Ever~
Basia

P.S. The painting is by an artist named, "Mike Dooney." Here is a link to his blog http://sketchpaints.blogspot.com/

No comments: